Today is the last day of Bloggiesta, hosted by Suey (@sueysays) at It’s All About Books and Danielle (@the1stdaughter) at There’s a Book. If you’ve never heard of Bloggiesta, then you’re probably not obsessed with book blogging. But if you’re here today because of Bloggiesta, then see whether these signs of obsession apply to you.
And, yes, #5 really happened to me this morning. (We haven’t been able to catch it, and the little thing gets bigger and more brazen every day!)
Ten Signs You’re Obsessed with Book Blogging
1. You couldn’t possibly finish your Bloggiesta to-do list in a week, much less a weekend.
2. You appreciate when authors use initials instead of first & middle names (e.g. NK Jemisin) because it’s Twitter-friendly.
3. You’ve started to #think in #hashtags.
4. When you see a new book cover, you think about how good it would look on your blog.
5. You sit still so long with your laptop, commenting on book blogs, that a mouse strolls out from under the chair beside you.
6. You’ve signed up for so many book blog challenges, it’s a challenge to keep them straight.
7. You’ve stopped being jealous of other bloggers’ Mailbox Monday and In My Mailbox posts, and are just relieved you don’t get as many books to review in a month as they do in a week.
8. You pore over blogrolls, hoping for the thrill of seeing your blog listed.
9. Your family doesn’t recognize you without the glow of the computer screen lighting your features.
10. You barely have time for reading books.